Monday, September 18, 2006


Here is my intro to my raffle at Willow Traders this week. Much of it is copied from my Aunt Norma's.




Everyone knows somebody who has been affected by heart disease. Serenity was born with complex congenital heart defects. Serenity fought hard against heart disease by going through five open heart surgeries and numerous medical treatments. Unfortunately she lost her battle on November 30, 2005. Now it’s our turn to fight against the Nation’s No. 1 and No. 3 causes of death - Heart disease and Stroke.

Until June 3, 2007 I will be helping the American Heart Association in it’s Heart Walk Campaign. Funds raised through our donations will support research, community service, and public and professional education programs.

I am part of the Serenity Brown’s Megga Egga Team. “Mega Egga Girl” was the super-hero name she called herself. We took that to heart and now with your help we can continue her fight. Our team goal is to raise $50,000.

What we are starting here today at Willow Traders is a scrapbook raffle Not just any raffle, we are raffling kits donated by the owners of the kit clubs who participate right here on this Willow Trader board!

I have had an overwhelming response from many many kit clubs who have donated their kits! I will be raffling off as many as I can here at Willowtraders this week 


So far I have listed 3 kits and got a little money for the raffle tickets. I had about 20 store owners contact me and donate kits. I hope I make a lot of money! I see we are in the top 5 teams and since no one else is really fund raising this early maybe we can stay in the top 5 for a couple months :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This kinda thing just hurts so bad. It's like a punch in the gut. I've never been able to endure the likes of children suffering. I can be a rather hard core human but not with children, it just breaks my heart. The only consolation is that she's just fine...now!