Wednesday, October 11, 2006

I am having a Adenosine Sestamibi Stress test today. I have searched far and wide for someone who has had it done to tell me that its not as bad as it sounds. Unfortunately its as bad as it sounds. Every test I take scares me now. I got a MRI last week. I thought it was just an exray. Not any more. Now you get injected with a drug that "heats you up" for a few minutes. I mean it was hot! The simplest tests I go through now have new meaning. I know at some point they are going to hurt.

I have a lot of heart patients who read my blog and I dont really want to scare them but this is my outlet. At least you will know what happens when I come back here to complain. Kevin and all my friends are so supportive and understanding but I cant let this be all of what I am. I can't by only a heart patient. I cant complain every day. Sometimes I have to come here to scream!! I need to do normal things and be the person I am in addition to a heart patient you know.

I know how stupid I sound to people who have children with heart disease and who live every day going through far more than I ever have. But like I said, I just need to complain and yell sometimes and get it out of my system. Then I can go out and pretend to be normal and say I'm fine.

No comments: